Thursday, April 1, 2010

NAGR

Using the internet to spread current events is definently very effective, for example in my case I don't usually read the news paper right now, but I look at the current news updates on yahoo, and when I have time I go through the updates emailed to me by the Tri-City Herald. I know my own experience is insignificant but I am sure there are many more people who do the same thing.

The topic I am going to write about, is the National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR), the people who run this website, including the main guy Dudley Brown, are heavily involved with politics, as far as keeping the site up to date, and sending updates to all of the subscribers (which is free). Lately the updates have been about H.R 45, which is Obama's National gun registration and citizen disarment act. As the people running NAGR fight to keep the gun rights we still have, they are able to send out updates of the latest news whenever they want, and it goes to my email, along with the thousands of others who are interested.

This is a good way to keep updated on the current events involving our gun rights, that way we don't really have to go out of our way, searching through the politics trying to figure out what is really going on. When you have a little more free time, you can go to the home website and check out all the daily news that wasen't sent to your email.

There have been some news casts with Dudley Brown and other gun rights activists in the news but mostly what Brown does is bring the media to the subscribers, so he is bringing the "mainstream media" to us.

But the NAGR is an ongowing stream of gun rights activists which really started up when our constitutional rights were being threatened by now-a-day politics, and the more the threat, the greater the information flow over the internet will be as in all cases of media over the internet.

1 comment:

  1. I liked hearing about your example with The Tri-City Herald, thats often how i get my news as well...because i dont read the actual newspaper everymorning...and sometimes ill randomly go on MSN.com and they have a lot of hightlights of certain news in various topics. I also enjoyed learning about NAGR and how its reaching a lot of people through their emails and keeping people posted on the news going on concerning that topic. I have often noticed this is a great way to get many people involved is through email.

    ReplyDelete